Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host and have had my listing hi-jacked by a scammer-hacker. This person has taken over my listing, changed my e-mail address on my account and Airbnb has done little to nothing to help me.
As a Host and from what I know. here's my advice, DO NOT make a booking with Airbnb, Do NOT HOST with Airbnb, they are not secure, nor able to handle the their fraud cases.
Knowing how the vacation rental and hotel platforms security works, I advise that a person should book with either Booking.com or Expedia and their partners. And yes, they have vacation rentals now in their platforms, mines in both of them. Their sites are secure as they use much more security in all their processes.
I am only stating this for everyone's benefit. I have no real stake in any of the companies listed above. I just have a vacation rental of my own.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Hi there! I write this review as both an irritated and flummoxed (UK based) customer AND yet also a very satisfied customer due to some great stays among the dud bookings. Firstly,..."
- "I took over a lease in Palo Alto, and per the advice of the previous resident, I decided to try airbnb. After 2 completed reservations, I noticed that my listing..."
- "I am ( was ) a host on Airbnb. I signed up with them a week ago, spent several hours filling out all their requirements and online forms etc and..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "Self service kiosk didn't work and no sign. Stood in a long line to the register and they said cash only. No announcement or sign either, so I stood in..."
- "So, i was talking to this guy named Jeremy Deglmann for a couple of months and he wanted me to sign a contract and send in $695.00 for a kit..."
- "On 5/13/16 i bought a pizza from your Ka Uka Costco in Hawaii. The clerk Bryan B. gave me 0.47 instead of 0.58. He gave me the tax charged. Had..."