Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host and have had my listing hi-jacked by a scammer-hacker. This person has taken over my listing, changed my e-mail address on my account and Airbnb has done little to nothing to help me.

As a Host and from what I know. here's my advice, DO NOT make a booking with Airbnb, Do NOT HOST with Airbnb, they are not secure, nor able to handle the their fraud cases.

Knowing how the vacation rental and hotel platforms security works, I advise that a person should book with either Booking.com or Expedia and their partners. And yes, they have vacation rentals now in their platforms, mines in both of them. Their sites are secure as they use much more security in all their processes.

I am only stating this for everyone's benefit. I have no real stake in any of the companies listed above. I just have a vacation rental of my own.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Airbnb and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Airbnb to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Airbnb and airbnb room booking for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Romford, Havering, United Kingdom #1235707

I have had the same issue with airbnb, my account was hacked and my listings too.my phone number and email address changed by the the hackers, airbnb still can not locate my account.

Airbnb have done nothing to resolve the issue.terrible service