Via Romana 48 Rip Off at Bellissima Grande Stanza Oltrarno, airbnb.com
This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza Oltrarno" listed on airbnb.com.
The report concerns amongst other items my money belt containing all our cash, credit cards, and passport which "went missing" from our room (on the apartment sofa - with 100% confidence level) while sleeping between 11:30 PM and 9:00 AM May 21-22 stranding us in Italy. This ruined the vacation and a special time with my daughter. I am a busy professional from the US and its the time with her that I cannot replace. The intent here is to truthfully and accurately reveal important security information for you to take into account based upon our recent experience. Please carefully consider your safety and security before booking at this location.
In addition, the apartment was nasty and is clearly not well suited for the any traveler other than someone seeking hostel level or below accommodations. The biggest problem was the black mold in the bathroom shower, running down its walls and on its floor. It's obviously been quite awhile since cleaning and inhaling mold spores has potential health consequences - see attached photos.
The bathroom counters are littered with your hosts makeup supplies - which is also depicted on airbnb.com photos (look at their photos critically as well as the ones attached because what you will find is worse). Stains running down counters and on mirror add to the ambience. Additionally, I recommend not looking under your sofa or beds (also see photos attached).
There are several closets in your room which should allow for ample storage. Unfortunately these are so crammed with the hosts personal articles that your bedroom closets are unusable except for 1 small space (see photos attached).
Although the amenities include wifi, this was not working during our entire stay. The only solution offered was "wifi is everywhere". While public wifi is available it requires the entry of your personal data to access and is too slow/inconsistent for extended tasks such as reservations and payments. Also, entering credit card specifics on public wifi can be hazardous. Lacking wifi proved very inconvenient as it forced us to plan in suboptimal times (like while eating at a restaurant).
I'm sure there are many wonderful hosts on airbnb.com who genuinely care about their guests and are putting in the effort necessary on behalf of their own business and their guest's comfort. These are the hosts we must find and this report is in no way intended to criticize airbnb.com or its services.
Experiences such as I've described above are very harmful to the traveling community and have the possibility of tarnishing wonderful services such as airbnb.com. Airbnb.com must seriously re-evaluate the appropriateness of this location in their roster of hosts and accommodations.
My strong advice to you is to look for another location. Stay here at your own risk and bring your own cleaning supplies.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Accomodation
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "My daughter and I wanted to visit New York for the first time and we booked an apartment via Airbnb. The pictures were great but the disappointment was big when..."
- "These asshats over at airbnb continue to steal money from my credit card without me booking any reservations, there is not even any reservations on their system with my credit..."
- "I am a foreign student studying in Canada and used Airbnb for my 1 month holiday to USA, switching from one accommodation to another during the process. The host and..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."