Vancouver, British Columbia
Featured Not resolved

Photos are deceiving. Kitchen disgustingly dirty. Look at the photos. Dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter. Dirty counters and fridge. Food splatter in microwave. No drinking glasses in the house. Miss-matched dishes and mugs. I took a mug out of the cupboard and filled it with water and a few minutes later there was grunge floating on the top. I was about to drink it when I noticed it. There are 3 bedrooms. No locks on the doors. No security. Honor system only. One bedroom has a decent bed other two have cheap, low to the ground, IKEA beds with wood slats. Thin mattress which falls through the slats. Rooms look like teenagers rooms. Cheap old damaged furniture.

AIRBNB wouldn't let me post a review because they said I already cancelled the booking after the first night and my remarks would be damaging. Beware...if you want to leave a review on their website - make sure you do it while you are currently staying there - not after.

I paid $780 for 6 nights and only stayed one. Owner and AIRBNB would not refund my money.

Never again.

Review about: Airbnb Apartment Rental.

I didn't like: Accommodation.

Review #920748 is a subjective opinion of a user.

Number of Destinations
Insurance Quality
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Airbnb Sanitary Conditions
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $600
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Picayune, Mississippi, United States #1343069

My coffee mugs are not matching. That's not a legit complaint, neither is the fact that the rooms look like teenagers rooms.

Mcallen, Texas, United States #1217925

Are you seriously complaining about mismatched dishes?That someone else's room was not exactly how you would have it?

And I'm sorry but the few crumbs you photographed was laughable lol.

It's horrible that they won't refund your money if you chose not to stay there, though.I feel for you on that one.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States #1215343

Seems like legitimate complaints, except for the bit about mismatched dishes.

Seriously?It's an AirBNB, not a five-star hotel.

It is someone's home.

Most people have at least some mismatched dishes (except for the very wealthy or the extremely OCD).

That said, I hope you can get your money back, even if it requires a lawsuit.The fact that AirBNB told you that negative reviews could be "damaging" is very sketchy; do they only allow positive reviews, thus creating a very dishonest & deceptive business model?