The day before mother's day on my drive up to the Bay Area from LA, I was informed by my host that she was canceling my reservation . A full month earlier I had booked this specific townhouse based on its proximity to my Walnut Creek based daughter who was about to undergo surgery and I needed to be within walking distance to her home as I did not have a car. The host gave the 'excuse' that her complex was undergoing maintenance that had turned the entire environment into a 'war zone' of industrial paint machines and other unacceptable disturbances. She then claimed her homeowners insurance could not offer her 'protection' in case of a mishap to a guest due to said maintenance. To make a long story short , after arriving at my destination and scrambling to find another suitable accomodation that involved hours of time and aggravation , I just happened to walk by her place and see that all was a lie and that the entire complex was a bastion of honeysuckle and tranquility . There had been some painting taking place externally but it had no bearing whatsoever on anything or the quality of life on idyllic Iron Horse Trail Road where the unit was located. When I suggested to the host 'Antonia' that I 'see for myself ' if I could possibly live with the inconvenience of painters, she became extremely aggressive and cancelled my reservation before I could do anything. The excuses she gave me in both inbox messages and our singular phone conversation were a clear indication that she was concerned with herself ONLY and did not even apologize to me for the last minute change nor did she concern herself with my situation . To say that this host's actions turned my life upside down is an understatement. After spending a single night in another rental during which I spent literally the ENTIRE night awake and on the phone with one of your case managers whom I happened to hear referring to me as 'crazy ', I was able to alter my second reservation and cancel the rest of my stay which was totally unacceptable in terms of location and other conditions. At this point I was so frustrated and angry I changed my airline flight home at additional $100 fee to myself and cut my trip short. After taking 3 trains to Oakland airport , my Southwest flight was also cancelled and I had to spend 4 hours in the airport awaiting the next flight. And of course the time I had hoped to spend with my daughter was not to be.
After submitting proof to my case manager 'Rosie' through photographs, that the unit I had booked was indeed free from the conditions the host claimed ,and after having returned home a week early because I could not find another place to stay , to add insult to injury , Airbnb disabled my long standing account and I can no longer access it. I have probably spent the equivalent of 24 hours over the course of two weeks on the phone with at least 2 dozen Airbnb representatives who have done virtually NOTHING to help me. I can only say this is the most unprofessional company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with . I have been victimized by your company not once but twice. I had a positively reviewed longstanding account that I had painstakingly developed through worldwide travel over the past 4 years. I had always gone out of my way to leave 5 star reviews for every residence I had rented. This is no way to run a company ,and as a journalist I plan on doing everything I can to spread the word that Airbnb is among the most unreliable company out there.
I happen to know that the host of the cancelled unit Antonia, has multiple listings for said unit , and I have already named and shamed her on Trip Advisor as a pathological liar. I am absolutely certain that she revoked my reservation because she received a better offer through another venue . She blocked her townhouse though mid June from further reservations ,almost certainly because she chose to host a long term renter , instead of me who had booked for only a week ,causing me a plethora of unimaginable problems I am STILL dealing with nearly two weeks later.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- my account reinstated !!!
- Product or service
- Vacation Rental House
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "Very disappointed by airbnb's customer service in helping find a resolution for the cancellation of a recent booking. Although I provided strong rationale for booking cancellation including misrepresentation of property..."
- "On September 16th, I placed a booking request on AirBnb for a Loft in Soho for 17 nights (3342 Euro), just after, the host post some new photos asking me..."
- "I saw B-Precious advertised for what looked like a great deal. A mini session with a few images for $50. The old saying Cheap is what cheap gets is so..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Bonjour les amis (es), Moi j'ai acheté une montre téléphone intelligente avec la fente pour puce. Elle est impeccable ! Elle fonctionne parfaitement. C'est vrais que le délais de livraison..."
- "2 of Walmart employees Tashaun and Rickey made unauthorized copy of Tahoe key. Later came to my home and stole my SUV taking my 28" rims. Walmart says it's not..."
- "There was pubic hairs on a breakfast burrito I ordered ..."
- "I have a question, literally 2 weeks ago I went to have my ring inspected and cleaned but I did not have my diamond bond paper work with me because..."