Airbnb - Unauthorized room rental

APRIL 11, 2015

Montreal, Canada

To Airbnb administrators,

Please note that we recently came across the listing for a rental in the property we own. The rental is posted by our tenant Vicky Vezina who is not authorized to conduct any such activity with the location, we never agreed/ consented to her renting any room. The apartment was solely leased for personal use.

The below link is found on your website.

We are the owners for the property located on DeGaspe, in Villeray district based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The property is not insured for this purpose , hence the renters are not protected.

This letter has for goal to ask Airbnb to have the rental be removed immediately.

Please confirm the above will be actioned immediately.

Carmine Venditti

Nick DiCiocco

7564-7566 DeGaspe

Montreal, QC

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Apartment Rent
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #622572

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Airbnb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 19, 2015 #1035893

I'm a landlord in Richmond, CA. One of my tenants is no longer living in the apartment and is full time subletting through Airbnb. There are multiple strangers coming and going. There are babies and little kids living in the closed complex, so needless to say, this poses a problem. All of the neighboring tenants are complaining. The tenant that rents the "airbnb" unit has disconnected her phone and email. Airbnb will do nothing to help the situation. I plan to serve a 3-day notice, but it will take a long time to get her out. Meanwhile, the other tenants will be at risk from strangers coming and going. I have been advised that I cannot stop it. Oh, I forgot to mention that this is the second violation of the breach of the lease. I let her off the hook with a warning the first time. It doesn't pay to be nice.

0 0 Reply

Jun 27, 2015 #1000512 Portland, Oregon

yes, this is exactly what you should be doing, posting here.
DO NOT contact your renter and ask her WTF
DO NOT send her a registered letter notifying her of default
DO NOT try to resolve it with her or flag the listing on airbnb
DO post a random rant on an obscure website.
That'll fix it!

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Airbnb. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Airbnb.
Filing a new complaint about