Airbnb - Tiny Orlando room advertised for 5, no refund given and really horrible service
We are not satisfied with the 200 USD coupon offered by your firm for the following reasons -
1) We had remitted 480 USD while booking this private room with the total trust that when we convey and book for 4 adults, the room shall be sufficient to accommodate 5 adults reasonably comfortably. We tried calling Airbnb and we were put on hold for half an hour after finally we gave up.
2) The moment we entered the property we were greeted by his dogs who started sniffing us (Due to religious reasons, we cannot pray when dogs dos so. It was mentioned that there were dogs on his property, but we never expected to be sniffed and barked upon by them)) and were shown the room by Mike’s friend at 8 pm approx. on 25th May instant, and on seeing the room to be cramped, we brought the same to the notice of Mike, who accepted it was pretty congested for the 4 of us and he conveyed that we should have booked 2 rooms for us. The photo of the room posted on net by your firm has been shown without the extra 2 side beds apart from the queen bed shown. This does not give a fair view of how cramped the room will be after the side beds are placed. When we request for 4 adults accommodation, and as Mike says he is frequently accommodating up to 5 guys here, your firm could have displayed a photo with the 4 or 5 beds shown. As you can judge from the photographs of the room attached, with the 4 beds, you can clearly see that –
a) There is no room left sideways from any of the 4 beds to get down
b) You can see one of us trying to sleep and the legs tend to tangle down, i.e. insufficient
length of bed
c) One side bed is blocking the entrance to the bathroom
d) The beds were uncomfortable with the side beds as air beds where we just sank in and of such quality that on queen bed when one partner moves even slightly, the other gets his sleep disturbed, even if the sleep is not disturbed by the irritating road traffic moving noise nearby all through the night
3) Hence, since we could not sleep and feeling claustrophobic, we conveyed to Mike regarding these issues, to which he tried some lame methods to tide through the issue. He said he shall try for a bigger room on 1st floor, where a tenant was residing, and he could arrange to switch us with him. But he never reverted after that, and subsequent to our conveying through your columns re this, Mike responded that we could cancel the reservation if we felt as such. We also conveyed through your resolvation site for refund of 280 USD from Mike not to escalate matters with him in the night, we felt speaking to you for the balance amount of the 480 USD that we had paid for booking would be a better option. But Mike did not revert in the night at all. We were at a loss and feeling pretty let down and had to frantically arrange for alternate lodging arrangements, for which we all were awake till 3 am of 26th instant, when we could get a booking elsewhere after great difficulty. In the morning of 26th, since we had not received any communication from Mike re the mode of action, we had packed our luggage and checked out at 11 am to the front drawing room and approached him to resolve the issue. But he kept giving evasive answers and also kept us waiting there for close to 1.5 hours mentioning that he was getting in touch with Airbnb and told us to speak to you. In fact he stopped communicating with us completely and we could see him sitting in his garden towards the rear with us waiting in the hall. Grossly uncourteous of him. After this unhappy episode we gave him a call that we were leaving and called for our cab.
Thus we now would request and expect from you the following –
1) We paid 480 USD while booking the room. With all the above unhappy episodes, we should be paid the resolvation amount of 280 USD as mentioned earlier
2) We should be reimbursed the balance 200 USD by Airbnb as compensation
3) After being apprised of the trauma we had to go through, any other relief you may think appropriate
4) The amount of 480 USD plus should be credited to our account and not tied with strings of credit notes etc. to instill our and our friends’ and groups’ confidence in your firm.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Nobody cares
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi there! I write this review as both an irritated and flummoxed (UK based) customer AND yet also a very satisfied customer due to some great stays among the dud bookings. Firstly,..."
- " AIRBNB SCAM WARNING. Do not use airbnb. If you do, do not use the instant booking feature on airbnb, do not book with hosts who have a "strict cancellation" policy,..."
- "I booked 1 week on Airbnb, however, needed a month of service until I moved my 19-year-old to his own place. I was told by Ingrid that she had..."
- "I hate HomeTeam Pest Defense. It is my opinion, that they sell the worst termite protection service possible. Their Sentricon system failed to protect my home from termites, and then they..."
- "Why thank you very much Mr. Vince for those kind words. If you would be so kind to make your balance due payment, It would be appreciated. Apart from making..."
- "My family of 5 went on vacation to Disney World last April. On the first day we were there I was injured while sitting in my wheel chair at the..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."