Am I the only person who received this 28% tax withholding fee for not filling out a w9 form that wasn't in the check list to be filled out in the first place?
March 2015 I did my first hosting as a airbnb representative in Los Angeles.
I went out of my way to provide a great room for my guest whom is great and I'm happy with. However Airbnb decided to charge me $225 for not filing out a form that I had no idea existed in the first place!!!! When I called their customer service department, they explained that the fee is an "irs" tax withholding and they could not refund the $225 taking from me when I rented the room. I said to the customer service rep, how could this be legal when you never informed to complete this form?
They have a check list of things to complete that dies not include this form which has now cost me a third of what I'm renting the room for!!!!!!! His response was that he understood my grievance and would try to remedy a notification about the form but could do nothing to refund me. I'm so pissed and I feel completely cheated. See the attached receipt...
Has anyone else encountered this fee? Or am I the only one who has been robbed by airbnb with no consequence. The rep even suggested I ask my guest for more money by offering breakfast. Gtfoh!!!
I would have been much better off using Craigslist to get a renter.
Which I have had great experiences with.This is highway robbery and I will NEVER recommend or use this service again once my guest departs!!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Room Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On September 16th, I placed a booking request on AirBnb for a Loft in Soho for 17 nights (3342 Euro), just after, the host post some new photos asking me..."
- "We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was..."
- "I would like to take time to comment about this rental in detail. The house is on the Leyton tube station and the walk from the tube station is not..."
- "Michellin Tires: I had a set of four Michelin tire on my Chevy Van. They all had plenty of treadwear left on each tire. One day while driving at 55-60..."
- "Purchased a pistol grip and butt stock for AR15, in FDE flat dark earth,. They sent me a tan pistol grip and a olive drab stock. I called..."
- "This is in responce to anonymous. Because I think she is just upset, mad, about not making the weight. Possibly by not following the instructions given. It my be possible..."
- "Ordered a "Gildan Hoodie for the campaign ***Limited Edition***" on a bearded dragon which my son has 4 at home, and thought this would be an awesome bday gift! Ordered..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "At lunch time we went yo safeway to get some food. We got some beans dip and some tostitos dipping rolls to start with. What a sorprise we had when..."