Review about Airbnb Apartment Rental from Montevideo, Montevideo
Update added by user Oct 29, 2015
AirBNB has issued a full refund.Thanks for your help.
There are good deals that can be found on AirBNB. However, I recommend two precautions. First, book only those properties with a flexible refund policy. Second, do not book for a period greater than 28 days.
I made these two mistakes and had to fight for a refund even though the property was clearly misrepresented.In the end, AirBNB came through with a refund and I commend them for that.
Original review posted by user Oct 28, 2015
I rented a home from Joaquin Perez in La Floresta Uruguay through AirBNB.The home was completely misrepresented (compare attached photos with those in the online listing).
A rear window was missing and garbage was on the floor - it is clear that a break in had occurred. A bed matress was exposed to the elements. AirBNB answered an initial email and sent a second email - both unhelpful. They have not followed up in three datys despite a further email (with documentation photos) from me.
The host has refused to authorize a refund.BEWARE of this listing and AirBNBs customer service - absolutely brutal.
More Review Details
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Airbnb Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "We are not satisfied with the 200 USD coupon offered by your firm for the following reasons - 1) We had remitted 480 USD while booking this private room with the..."
- "I am ( was ) a host on Airbnb. I signed up with them a week ago, spent several hours filling out all their requirements and online forms etc and..."
- "My boyfriend's family and I booked a place in Brooklyn for 1 night. I gave the place a 1 star because it was absolutely disgustingly dirty (have photos for proof)...."
- "I rented a home from Joaquin Perez in La Floresta Uruguay through AirBNB. The home was completely misrepresented (compare attached photos with those in the online listing). ..."
- "Had. Went. To. Da. Family. ..."
- "Several attempts were made by email to support to Whitepages to opt out of their website publication of personal information that is inaccurate, and their replies by email attempted to..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."