I rented an apartment for my employees on N.Bliss St, Anchorage, AK.

We traveled from TN to Anchorage, AK for a job. I got there early so I went and got the key to make sure everything was okay. I got real nervous as we got closer to the rental. The area had many gang tags on buildings.

Then the house next door looked like a crack house. While we were there a man kept riding back and forth in front of our vehicle yelling out a strange noise like he was signaling others. When we got in the apt, we found that the heat did not work, there was no TV (wasn't listed on ad), no pots & pans, and no kitchen table and chairs. When we left I decided that there was no way I could put my employees in that kind of area for fear their vehicle would be vandalized, stolen or something happen to them.

I pulled reports that showed that the area rated 0 & 3 on a scale of 0-100 (100 being the best) in major crimes and petty theft. I spoke to many people who told me that the "Mountain View" area of Anchorage was an area we did not want to stay in. I called the host and let her know. Because I had rented it for 6 weeks the refund policy had switched from moderate to long term meaning that if I cancel I wouldn't get a refund of the first 28 days.

I requested a refund of it from the host and she denied the refund so I "escalated" the refund request and asked for airbnb's help with it. I was told that "it wasn't the hosts fault that the area was bad and I should have known the area before I rented in it" and was denied a refund. I told them that was true, but she does have the responsibility of disclosing it. She has since rented it to someone else for the time I had was not being refunded for.

I again went to airbnb and told them that she has rented it and I wanted the refund or the keys since I had paid for it.

I was told that their decision was final and there would be no refund.......I ended up having to scramble around and find another place to stay, that very day, in Anchorage, which is very difficult this time of year.I was able to, but paid through the nose for it.

Review about: Airbnb Apartment Rental.

1.3
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Airbnb Apartment Rental
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $2667
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion