I have been trying to book a room near Lavonia, GA for over a month now. I have no cell phone and have been using my laptop to research a location and complete registration and validation.

They have requested about 20 or more times a more clear picture of my documentation --driver's license or passport----- they have taken my credit card information twice and then said I needed to take another picture of the license. That may not have been the problem at all--it may be that I submitted a "profile" picture that is really not acceptable (not just a face) ( they never said this--I read it on a google article). I have looked on the site for a way to seek help. There is a help area --frequently asked questions (not my question)--- there is a security area where you have to answer questions and they send you a security code but then there is no other button to push but "back" the "next" button is light colored and can not be used.

There is no way to communicate directly with a person that I could find on the site. Finally I googled Airbnb and was able to find a customer service toll free number. Jay, a representative answered, whose patience was tried with my frustration! He DID know that the only way to get a customer service number was to Google it --he knew that it is not available on the airbnb website.

He shared with me that I needed to be on Google Chrome to look at the website ( they do not say that on airbnb. He seemed not to believe my description of the "help" screen and said I need to have a person who could help me at my house with the computer! He could not confirm where I was in the process--if I had a booking? if they had charged my credit card?

I asked to speak to a manager or someone who could help me from the customer service office and he said there are no managers there. I asked him how I could delete my information -- particularly the credit card number from the account. He said I'm the only one that could do that and he couldn't help there either.

All in all I am completely frustrated and disappointed that a resource that sounds like such a good answer to avoiding the higher bill of a hotel and sharing a warmer and more comfortable environment, is not available to me. And that the company cannot help me navigate the process they require of guests!

Review about: Airbnb Customer Care.

I didn't like: Booking process, Customer service, No communication, Customer service attitude.

Comments

No, as of months later I have not received any communication from them except

A SURVEY TO TELL THEM HOW GREAT MY EXPERIENCE WAS WITH THEM

There was no place to tell them about the difficulties or my dissatisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe the communication, itself.

I still think it's a disappointment for me because it sounds like such a great resource.

But if you can't access it. It is of no value whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dannie.-_-.09

will you use Airbnb in the future?

I did receive an email from Jay and a link to update the profile picture. This did not make a difference.

A second email advises to use a smart phone to take the picture. I don't have a smart phone and they do not work where I live.

There is still no way to continue and satisfy their process for booking a room. I'm very disappointed.