We booked a condo unit in Seoul just this past June for 9 people. The title is "Celebrities areas and family, group stay" with Jay and Rana. The price was good which is $330 per night with 3 bedroom and 2.5 bath in a location, which they claimed to be good and convenient. The pictures look really nice and clean, which is important for us. We can compromise in everything else.
Anyway, the taxi driver didn't know how to get there from the airport. It took him a long time to get to the close by location, and we have to ask around people to go the condo. How hassle it could be if you are carrying the suitcases around and finding your way in the same time. The worst is that most people don't speak English in Korea. We needed luck so bad at that time.
When we managed to get to the unit, the place was a dump, which is totally different from the pictures shown on the website. We have to clean the kitchen for Jay ( the owner). It was all sticky and dusty everywhere. Although Jay's brother who should take care of the place did his best of giving us towels, kettle, and blankets, we were not able to stay because of the sanity of the place. The sofa was torn and the carpet had stain all over. The blind and bed are falling apart. There should be 2 beds but we ended up all sleeping on the floors. The kitchen counter top was sticky and dusty. We cleaned it for our own sake the first night we stayed there.
I called Jay to complained to him what happened, I offered him to give me just 1 day refund back out of the 3 nights I paid. He agreed. We moved out the very next morning. I talked to Jay's brother about the situation before I left. I was hoping that he would correct all problems before renting it out again. He concurred. I had no intention to make a big fuss because I believed that they would make the changes. After all, we should all give a chance to people who try hard to make a living but don't know how. I was giving them feedback and advice of how to run the place better.
Anyway, I came back and found out they are still renting out the place. I hope they have corrected the problems. I try to call airbnb.com to notify them of the situation. I don't want anyone to experience the nightmare that I had with the place. I can't find any number that I can call regarding to the host's complains or scam investigation. I think this listing that we stayed in Seoul definitely has misrepresentation of information. And I can't find the link that I can leave reviews. The worst of that is on the airbnb website, it says " photo verified" under the pictures. I think the airbnb has verified the pictures to be true and representative. I trusted the website and that's why I booked the place. My advice to you is that don't trust the pictures totally and airbnb because they might not know what is going on. You should verify with the owners directly or go with a host that has lots of good reviews.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Condo Conditions
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We are not satisfied with the 200 USD coupon offered by your firm for the following reasons - 1) We had remitted 480 USD while booking this private room with the..."
- "I rented an apartment in Medellin, Colombia 2 months ago. I have been in contact with the owner of the apartment and Airbnb numerous times, each blaming the other, neither..."
- "Airbnb host guarrntee is bogus. It takes 15 minutes to post a listing and upload photos when you start a relationship with them. But if you want to upload pics..."
- "Hi, there! I wanted to let you know that I received my wig just yesterday. The package was kept fine and the moment I opened the box, I loved the..."
- "Before marriage, I was looking on the web wedding in mind, the high price of a little reluctant, cheap and worry about the quality of what is not good, and..."
- "After purchasing the Asean Pass I tried to redeem my flight credits on their website, which is the only way you can redeem your credits. There website was having technical..."
- "Please refer to the attaching photo with the purse I bought at USA about 3 years ago by US$ 218.00, however I am really disappointed that the quality of..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."