Hello:

Maybe you should monitor your hosts closer.

I booked a unit for two weeks for my wife who had travelled back during the pandemic. This unit was booked in order to comply with the government rules on self isolation.

The unit was paid for and I received confirmation. On the day prior to my wife's arrival, I was to take possession of the unit. I was notified of a change in address at approx. 6pm.

I was not impressed and had no alternative but to take the unit offered because of the late change by the host. Last day, really!

His excuse was it happens, the two units differed in so many ways. The unit offered was far from what I booked.

It took 24 hours for the AC to be repaired.

You at Airbnb did absolutely nothing to fix this.

Pathetic!

This was an $1800 dollar lesson.

Also, I learned my possesion violated the Condo Corp rules for that building.

Maybe you need to screen you hosts closer. This was not the first time my wife and I booked through Airbnb.

I did manage to locate the actual owner of the unit who was employed at RBC, she was unaware of the use if her unit.

It violated her lease.

It seems that Airbnb is interested in collecting there fee.

I don' imagine I'll get a reply. I believe you simply have no interest in correcting the issue.

Just my opinion.

Stefano Caserta

416435****

Airbnb Cons: Very misleading.

Comments