Airbnb - Mislead by advert

My daughter and I wanted to visit New York for the first time and we booked an apartment via Airbnb.The pictures were great but the disappointment was big when we entered the Huge Greenpoint Loft, 118 Freemanstreet, Brooklyn.

The room, more a small wooden box, had no windows, no fresh air, dark and a teeny mattress on the floor under a small staircase to a dirty, dark attic. The living was like the pictures but as the small toilet and bath we had to share it in total 5 with persons. The connection to Manhattan wasn't great at all due to activities at the Metro in the weekend, Mr.Philip Weinrobe forgot to mention. He also never bother to speak to u in person.

We stayed one night and ask for a refund.

Only if I can rent it in the same period again, but of course this was impossible.Airbnb, can you help?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • But turned out to be an absolute nightmare
  • What I disliked

Airbnb Loft Rental
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #855007 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Airbnb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 16 #1173896

Hi, I had a similar experience with Airbnb: got a refund plus a $100 bonus, but I had to find an Hotel room quickly since the stay was not possible in that dirty apt.!

0 0 Reply

Jun 15 #1173457 Seattle, Washington

What kind of dumb and insensitive answer is this? Wouldn't YOU demand a refund for inferior service or misleading ads?

2 2 Reply

Jun 15 #1173574 Benicia, California

I am just stating the truth, they do not deserve a full refund for staying one night. They need to get a job so they can afford vacations. Also do you really believe the poster? Chances are they just want to get a free stay and are making things up.

1 2 Reply

May 27 #1165354

Did you post a review on AIRBNB? Did you look for reviews already posted? The only way to know.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.