Airbnb - Ingrid Jackson (is a thief) 1473 Mutual Drive Clarksville, TN - NOT RECOMMENDED
I booked 1 week on Airbnb, however, needed a month of service until I moved my 19-year-old to his own place.I was told by Ingrid that she had another room since the room on site was booked during one of the weeks he would need to be there.
Since this was our first time with Airbnb I didn't think anything of it. When my son & I arrived the house was clean, however, it lists that she is a Professor on her site but arrived to a crying child only to find out she runs a childcare out of her home full-time (3 children). She was very pleasant, showed us the room and my son & I signed a contract since I was paying the difference to her in cash for the month. Her 2 rules, verbal and on paper were no drugs and no weapons....not a problem, however, when I left EVERYTHING changed.
My son asked if he could use the computer, she said yes, then changed her mind, messaged me and said this isn't working out someone needs to come get him.... I am an 1 1/2 drive away. Then she was fine. Next day, your son is going out of the house, someone needs to come get him, then you can't have a friend on the porch someone needs to come get him.
My son went around to the homes one day to see if anyone needed yard work done, well apparently at some point recently before my son stayed there Mutual Drive had had break-ins.....wish we would have known that as my son would not have went to other homes. They notified Ingrid and she told my son. My son was not happy and she messaged me, then called me that my son needed to leave. Reminder only 2 rules, no drugs & no weapons.....so far none of what he did fits into either one of those categories!
I asked her about the reimbursement and she said she would send it through paypal that night and I would see it in the next few days.....She lied!!!!! She took my monies of $250. Airbnb was helpful that they were able to retain 2 of the nights booked onto Airbnb that my son did not stay, however, the other monies they could not. I completely understand, it would have been nice had they reimbursed for the week I did pay since all I received was problems.
It is terrible when someone does not speak the truth and you wonder how they can continue on Airbnb. I am hoping that no one uses her as I have to go through other sources to retrieve my stolen my monies. On top of the $250, she had only planned to reimburse me $200 stating that $50 went to the rental of the furniture that she used for the room my son was staying in. That should NOT be our problem, if something wasn't available then she shouldn't be saying it is.
Please I am asking never book with this woman as you don't know if you are getting Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde.
She is initially soft-spoken but don't let that fool you.She also let him sleep on the couch one evening only to find out she had a problem with his feet on the couch, I wonder how he was supposed to sleep?????
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Chase followed up w me as promised
What I disliked
- Lack of background checks on hosts
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Apartment Rental
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I had a host accept my request and I was soon charged. I reached out to the host during the morning of the stay to setup timing etc and..."
- "Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb. Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy. Because of the late hour,..."
- " The day before mother's day on my drive up to the Bay Area from LA, I was informed by my host that she was canceling my reservation ...."
- "On Feb.28,2015 I was in Rainbow with a friend shopping and I tried on a pair of pants it had two different security pins in it while trying the pants..."
- "The warehouse employees need to be held more accountable. I am highly disappointed and upset with an online order I recently made. It was a costume purchase (Frozen..."
- "Way off! Using for an army ball but this just looks too cheap for a formal ball! Too big and fitting sucks!! Waste of $40!!!!! ..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."