Verified Reviewer

The British government have put us back on a one month LOCKDOWN and noone can fly away on holiday. I have cancelled my reservation and i would like a full refund.

HMRHHDH3NF

kind regards

Paul Thompson

An Airbnb Ambassador contacted me and asked me for a link to my countries travel restrictions.

I sent them 2 LINKS but they still haven't replied to me.

They are now publishing many countries travel information and restrictions on their own website so the information that they asked me for they already have.

I still haven't received my refund and I am becoming increasingly frustrated. I need my money back so as I can book new accommodation for when the UK s travel restrictions are lifted on the 2nd December.

Airbnb Cons: Lack of communication and no refund issued.

Comments

#1950926

Hi Paul, I made five reservations with Airbnb in February 2020. Because of Covid-19, two of the hosts cancelled my reservations before I contacted Airbnb to cancel the other three.

Of the three remaining reservations I called to cancel, Airbnb customer service only processed one of the three cancellations. I had even contacted each of the three hosts who had ALL agreed to cancel my reservations. I've been trying to get the remainder of my money back ever since - $1626.66! In one response through my bank, Airbnb claimed I'd actually checked into the units - in another country and places I've never been before!

In the second response, they claimed that I'd agreed to certain contract terms when I made the reservations. I adhered very strictly to their Covid-19 Extenuating Circumstances Policy, even going above and beyond by contacted the hosts, then contacting Airbnb. They will assert, contort, and point to contract language that doesn't apply in order to keep your money. If you have a Consumer Protection Bureau, contact them now!

If you have a State Attorney General (or equivalent), contact them now!

Better Business Bureau, contact them now! But absolutely warn everyone you know that this company does not honor their own policies and will do anything possible to keep YOUR money once they have it!

Airbnb Reviews