Hello, I would like to tell you a story about how AirBnB has treated me when I was faced with homophobic abuse at my own house by one of AirBnB guests.Let’s start from the beginning: I am renting my spare room via AirBnB in Amsterdam, I had a guest from Texas (Mr.

Gregory Hensley, here is his profile: https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/63122471). Upon arrival, the guest started making comments about me and my friend that we are wearing faggoty clothing and have faggoty hair, then, once he came into his room, he started screaming that he needs a door with the lock because there are faggots with him in the house and we will rape him at night. I choose not to go into confrontation and decided to leave the apartment for the night all together and to leave him alone there, so he wouldn’t be afraid of “rape”. Here I would like to mention that when he arrived, I have carried upstairs his six huge bags because I tried to be polite, I have also offered him cold water with tea and coffee for choice.

After I left the apartment, the guest has run away with his bags and with my keys. He wrote me a message stating exactly the same. When I returned home, I called the police and have reported verbal abuse. I also had to change the locks, what caused an additional cost of 100 euro.

I obviously have submitted a complaint against this guest to AirBnB, but naturally they haven’t done anything (what to expect). And today I am getting a message that this guest complained against me, stating that I didn’t give him enough privacy and respect and he HAD to leave. In my reply to AirBnB, I have explained the entire situation one more time and offered the following documents as proof: Police report Photos of rented room to show that there is enough privacy Invoice for changing the locks Witness statement from my flat mate who was present during this event Witness statement from the neighbors, who heard all the commotion and to whom my guest have spoken upon departure claiming that “dirty AIDS faggots” live here What do you think AirBnB do? They charged me price Mr.

Hensley has paid for the room PLUS extra AirBnB charges and obviously refunded him all the money, because poor homophobe was upset and apparently I didn’t argue with him in the messages. I am shocked about the very fact of AirBnB once again completely ignoring *** community and returning money to abuser, therefore I am kindly asking you to publish my story. Please feel free to contact me for more details.

Let me know what exactly do you want, I’ll be happy to clarify/provide more information.Thank you, Alex Heley.

I didn't like: Way they treated me, Dishonesty, Lack of basic respect, Lack of basic human rights.

Insurance Quality
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $250
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion