Update by user Dec 14, 2018

As of today, Air bnb has refunded 15 days of the requested 20 days. I filed a formal complaint with the attorney general of California.

I am waiting to hear back from them. Air bnb said it was shorting me five of the 20 unused days because I failed to report the problems within 24 hours upon arriving. However, I did report the ant problem and the plumbing leak problem within that time frame.

Air bnb is punishing me for their lack of screening of their hosts. I still say NEVER use Air bnb.

Original review posted by user Nov 14, 2018

Place was filthy, had ants everywhere, and was unhealthy to remain there. We contacted Airbnb and were given the run around.

We had a 30 day stay booked in South Padre Island, 4908 Gulf Blvd, and had to leave 20 days early due to conditions. We notified Airbnb and sent numerous photos of the conditions, and were told they would help us find someplace else to stay. Once we submitted our complaints to "host", (JB Barrett) Rosa H. with Chacon Realty LLC showed up within five minutes and was hateful, rude, lacked any care/concern over our situation, and ultimately told us "I don't want you here.

When can you leave?" We drove 16 hours ONE WAY to have a 30 day vacation, only to leave 10 days later. I have called Airbnb several times daily, and cannot get a resolve to this. I have been on hold for over 40 minutes now, and am typing this while I am on hold. Airbnb is unscrupulous and offers no assistance to resolve problems with the host-even with valid documentation.

The four photos show the dirt we swept up from main areas, urine soaked area rug, the disgustingly gross interior of refrigerator, and the wire ties we put on as the balcony spindles were broken.

We were on third floor, and have a small dog we did not want falling through the spindles to her death. I have plenty more photos, and video if anyone wants to see them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Airbnb Condo Rental.

Reason of review: filthy, unsanitary, health hazard of condo. No help from Airbnb.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments