Resolved
4.0
Number of Destinations

We made a reservation on airbnb for a place to stay in Key West.We have had very good experiences with airbnb elsewhere, but this time the place did not live up to standards.

In the end, we did not stay there but cancelled the stay. The cancellation policy was 5 days in advance. Since we had a 7 day stay scheduled, we got back 2 days worth of the cost. The thing I am unhappy about is that now I can't write a review of the place so that others will know what to take into consideration.

I can't find any place on the airbnb website to be able to write a review.

It could be an okay place for some people but anyone thinking of staying here should be made aware of the limitations.If someone at airbnb should read this I would like to be contacted at kliss@igc.org

Review about: Airbnb House Rental.

Preferred solution: let me write a review of the place.

I liked: Being able to choose a room in a house rather than a hotel room.

I didn't like: Not being able to review a property which did not meet standards.

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

What was wrong with the property?

kliss
to Anonymous Miami, Florida, United States #1293286

The house did not match the description.It was not clean.

The room had no chair, no lamp, no closet, no dresser. It was painted dark brown and there was a place where the paint was sliding off the wall. The "separate entrance" was not usable. The bathroom which was to be shared with the roommate had no place for our things.

The owner did not make us feel welcome.

The yard was full of vehicles.It was in a neighborhood I didn't feel comfortable in, crowded with double wide mobile homes, as was this house.

to kliss Wilmington, Delaware, United States #1293294

Doesn't sound pleasant or like somewhere I would want to spend my money on. I think people deserve to be made aware of the shortcomings of a property before they spend their $.

themaster
Gardner, Kansas, United States #1293081

to garner airbnb's attention it's my understanding you have to embarrass them.. and I guess twitter is one way to do that?

kliss
to themaster Miami, Florida, United States #1293287

Actually once I figured out how to get their attention, it worked out well.I had to persist.

They wouldn't review the situation till I had photos. Since I hadn't taken photos inside in our brief visit, we returned and took exterior photos. That got the process started.

Eventually, they agreed to let me review, took down his nasty review of me and although he wouldn't give any money back, I have a $200 credit with airbnb.I was completely satisfied.