1.7
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I have used airbnb a total of 5 times in the past and everything was smooth.However, during my most recent booking, I had the option to instant book a house in Boston, MA, which I did and provided my payment information for reservation.

At first, i receive an email confirmation from airbnb stating to view my itinerary. A few minutes later, I receive another email saying that my reservation has been cancelled and my account has been disabled without providing me any reason as to why that happened. Upon emailing airbnb, I was told that I must submit full address, bank statements and other personal information which I didn't feel comfortable as they should already have all my information because I have booked previous with the same payment information. To make matters worse, they do not even have a number listed for airbnb to contact for issues to resolve.

I had to google a number which put me on hold for 30 minutes before finally answering and telling me that they are unable to help me and that another department will be calling me back at a later time but do not when but will try to make it a priority. It has been more than 6 hours and I still received no call back from them.

I WILL NO LONGER USE AIRBNB.I am shifting my business to Home Away and I hope that they provide me with better customer service than AIRBNB.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $700. The author is overall dissatisfied with Airbnb. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Airbnb.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Airbnb to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand #1233898

Exactly the same issue I am having with Airbnb.The booking we made was cancelled and refunded with no apparent reason, and my account disabled with the only note being to contact their accounts team.

After emailing and even desperately calling to get hold of someone, they haven't contacted us back after a month - even with our situation being escalated to "urgent" situation. Even worse is the amount they refunded back was slightly less than our original payment.

This might be due to credit card payment fees, but still, it should be a full refund.Wouldn't trust Airbnb again.

Providence, Rhode Island, United States #1232527

I had a similar experience. I made a payment on a bank debit card, which was cancelled because the card had expired and the bank had sent me a new card. The site would not let me enter my new card because my account was blocked and I have sent them a pdf of my bank statement and am still waiting to hear from them.

London, London, United Kingdom #1231768

I just had the exact same problem with a $4000+ booking I tried to make in California. Complete arseholes and unable to assist despite sending them copies of my whole life to try and un-do their issues. Avoid them, they are useless