After making a reservation for a place outside the country, I attempted to contact the host via phone.I left a message and never heard back.

The following week I sent an email and never heard back. As my trip was now less than three weeks away I called AirBnB to cancel and obtain a refund so I could find alternate accommodations. The customer service rep could not help me but indicated I'd get a call from a case agent and they'd try to contact the owner. I never heard from anyone.

I called the customer service center again 4 days later and spent an hour on the phone again requesting a refund of my $2800. The rep was unable to help me and refused to transfer me to a manager or anyone else. I was again told a case agent would contact me. Again, I did not hear from anyone.

I called again the following day and was given the same story. Finally a case agent contacted me and indicated I could not get a refund as they needed to make one more effort to contact the host family. At this point my trip out of the country is 8 days away. This was not acceptable as this was supposed to have occurred 5 days ago.

Apparently it takes at least 5 days to even assign a case agent. My issue is still unresolved.

I've filed complaints with the BBB and have disputed the payment with my credit card company.If something goes wrong with this organization there is little you can do and they do not care.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss return, exchange or cancellation policy of airbnb customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2800. Airbnb needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned airbnb customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Airbnb.

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada #1343241

I had the Host cancel my booking a few days before my trip.I booked and paid 6 months in advance and had family fly in from overseas.

We had 2 rental cars booked and then BANG!

Cancelled just like that on the eve of a long weekend.Be very careful using this site ad HOSTS can just cancel if and when they choose!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1269844

They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced!!!You should sue them.

You would win.

You can probably also get all your court costs covered.There is NO customer service @ Airbnb, it's all a fallacy.