Airbnb - Cancellation of a host leaving clients in the lurch
I am ( was ) a host on Airbnb. I signed up with them a week ago, spent several hours filling out all their requirements and online forms etc and uploading pics etc and have had a reasonable response with 5 enquiries including an actual paid booking for two weeks starting the 9th April to the 23rd April 2016. Then completely out of the blue, Airbnb have cancelled my account with a reason given as: 'We wanted to reach out to you regarding your Airbnb account. After a routine review, we regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your account due to violations of our Terms of Service. You can find additional information about our Terms of Service here: www.airbnb.com/terms.
As a result of this determination, we have taken steps to permanently deactivate your account. Please note that any upcoming reservations will be canceled for a full refund and all other parties will be notified. Additionally, we must inform you that further account support will no longer be available.'
I have tried to contact the company but have had no answer after 5 emails!! Yet they even had the cheek to send me a message from my booked client asking what the *** has happened. He is extremely upset as he booked his flights from the UK to Spain based on coming to my place which perfectly suits his purposes and location. He now doesn't know if he will get his money back, I am out of pocket as have spent some monies on a couple of things this client wanted and of course the revenue from his occupancy if he stayed. I cannot answer to the client as I am 'no longer a host' and he is left high and dry without any answers and with air tickets and car hire paid for with no compensation. So we have both been stuffed! Airbnb haven't had the courtesy to explain what we have supposed to have done to breach their rules. Which is impossible as it was a straight forward booking. He was interesated to know what help I could give him on his arrival as he is coming to Spain to look for a property to purchase as I have experience in this field. So it was a win / win booking! He could get impartial advice and I had a client staying at my place.
I can only advise anybody else not to touch this company with a barge pole as they seem to ride rough over anybody - hosts and clients! - and do not have the ability to even answer a straight forward question as to why!
I wish I had taken notice of all the other hundreds of complaints about the company that I read on their own forums - I put them down to being petty squabbles by disgruntled hosts - but obviously I was wrong - the company stinks!
So beware of being a host and beware of being a client as you will lose out financially!!!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- How they handle consumer confidence
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Airbnb Accommodation Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I took over a lease in Palo Alto, and per the advice of the previous resident, I decided to try airbnb. After 2 completed reservations, I noticed that my listing..."
- "We were cheated when we rented our apartment through airbnb to find the common area was being renovated paint stripped off the walls and the carpet ripped up The apartment is..."
- "I can not say enough bad words about my experience with Airbnb. Let me start off by saying that I am new to using Airbnb but I was given the..."
- "I am ( was ) a host on Airbnb. I signed up with them a week ago, spent several hours filling out all their requirements and online forms etc and..."
- "I hear to let everybody know about alexander rodas Balcero owner of www.redpay.es they have stole using Fraud more then 350,000 usd from honest people in Colombia Venezuela Spain eeuu..."
- "boxedart is rubbish! I bought the graphics package they are offering and it's totally out of date, I've seen web templates made in 2007!! The quality of the graphics are..."
- "I purchased a brand new laptop computer on November 29th and it was sent on November 30th. I received the computer on December 6th. On Decemberr 7th, I opened the..."
- "My daughter calls me tonight stating that UDS delivered a package to our home, "between the 2 doors" on, I believe, 11/30/16. I look between the 2 doors and of..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."