Airbnb - Cancellation of a host leaving clients in the lurch
I am ( was ) a host on Airbnb. I signed up with them a week ago, spent several hours filling out all their requirements and online forms etc and uploading pics etc and have had a reasonable response with 5 enquiries including an actual paid booking for two weeks starting the 9th April to the 23rd April 2016. Then completely out of the blue, Airbnb have cancelled my account with a reason given as: 'We wanted to reach out to you regarding your Airbnb account. After a routine review, we regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your account due to violations of our Terms of Service. You can find additional information about our Terms of Service here: www.airbnb.com/terms.
As a result of this determination, we have taken steps to permanently deactivate your account. Please note that any upcoming reservations will be canceled for a full refund and all other parties will be notified. Additionally, we must inform you that further account support will no longer be available.'
I have tried to contact the company but have had no answer after 5 emails!! Yet they even had the cheek to send me a message from my booked client asking what the *** has happened. He is extremely upset as he booked his flights from the UK to Spain based on coming to my place which perfectly suits his purposes and location. He now doesn't know if he will get his money back, I am out of pocket as have spent some monies on a couple of things this client wanted and of course the revenue from his occupancy if he stayed. I cannot answer to the client as I am 'no longer a host' and he is left high and dry without any answers and with air tickets and car hire paid for with no compensation. So we have both been stuffed! Airbnb haven't had the courtesy to explain what we have supposed to have done to breach their rules. Which is impossible as it was a straight forward booking. He was interesated to know what help I could give him on his arrival as he is coming to Spain to look for a property to purchase as I have experience in this field. So it was a win / win booking! He could get impartial advice and I had a client staying at my place.
I can only advise anybody else not to touch this company with a barge pole as they seem to ride rough over anybody - hosts and clients! - and do not have the ability to even answer a straight forward question as to why!
I wish I had taken notice of all the other hundreds of complaints about the company that I read on their own forums - I put them down to being petty squabbles by disgruntled hosts - but obviously I was wrong - the company stinks!
So beware of being a host and beware of being a client as you will lose out financially!!!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- How they handle consumer confidence
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Airbnb Accommodation Booking
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "On September 16th, I placed a booking request on AirBnb for a Loft in Soho for 17 nights (3342 Euro), just after, the host post some new photos asking me..."
- "Photos are deceiving. Kitchen disgustingly dirty. Look at the photos. Dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter. Dirty counters and fridge. Food splatter in..."
- " The day before mother's day on my drive up to the Bay Area from LA, I was informed by my host that she was canceling my reservation ...."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "boxedart is rubbish! I bought the graphics package they are offering and it's totally out of date, I've seen web templates made in 2007!! The quality of the graphics are..."
- "I hear to let everybody know about alexander rodas Balcero owner of www.redpay.es they have stole using Fraud more then 350,000 usd from honest people in Colombia Venezuela Spain eeuu..."