I researched Airbnb for a holiday in Airlie Beach and found the perfect place!Great pictures and sounded perfect for our group of 3 couples.

I used their instant booking option, selected available dates and paid with my credit card. I received confirmation and booked my non refundable air fares! 3-4 days later I received an emails cancelling the booking. Totally pissed!

No reason. Unable to contact airbnb. Can't find a phone number on their site. They should not allow hosts to offer an instant booking option and confirm if they can then cancel with no reason.

I believe my refund for the booking will eventually come through but unless I find somewhere else for the same dates I will lose my air fares.

Totally unprofessional.Host should be removed or at very least have the ins.tant booking option removed from them!

Review about: Airbnb Room Booking.

Reason of review: Booking cancellation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No response, Time wasted, Booking cancellation.

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Hi Kim, I'm sorry to hear of this experience. Have you contacted Airbnb's support center for assistance in finding a new listing or an alternative accommodation?

to Anonymous #1378670

I was not able to find a contact number on the Airbnb website for Australia.I have booked elsewhere, but would really like to see the process improved.

Do not allow instant booking optio.

If the bookings are not actually instant.Hosts who use that option and then cancel should not be allowed to rebook the same date and should not be allowed to use the instant booking option.