2.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality

We recently had a guest stay in our no-smoking condo that very clearly smoked on the premises.There was a dirty water bottle filled with cigarette butts sitting on the patio when we arrived to clean up and a very strong odor of cigarette smoke noted by our guests that followed (as well as by us).

We asked for a paltry $150 in damages for additional deep cleaning services, of which issuance Airbnb declined to support. The guest themselves denied ever smoking on the premises despite the aforementioned water bottle full of ash water and cigarette butts, and despite the empty pack of cigarettes we found in the kitchen trash can. If a clear violation of our rules and smoke damage to our apartment isn't sufficient to allow us to make a claim against the guest's "security deposit", then what is?

Come on Airbnb...this is what security deposits are for...

Review about: Airbnb Condo Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

I once stayed at a non smoking hotel, so as a smoker i went outside on the deck to smoke. They tried to charge me for smoking in the room though. This may be why the buts were outside

Same here - Host that has been SCREWED out of $2800 in damages by Guest.It's been 39 days - Airbnb has had me submit the case 12 TIMES to 12 different people.

I have photos, bills, statements from witnesses. Housekeeping spent 12 hours & 2 days cleaning up carnage. 7 garbage bags alone of trash removed from thrown about the home. Damaged/broken furniture.

Airbnb says my $1000 damage deposit does not cover CLEANUP. You kidding me? I am still fighting for my damaged furniture to be replaced. They have not communicated back with me for over a week now.

I think they are hoping I go away.

Anyone that has been screwed - go to Airbnbhell.com and share your story - HOSTS & GUESTS alike!Airbnb needs to be EXPOSED!!!