1.4

Saturday 20th October I made a booking for a place in Chiang Mai Thailand. the friend I was going to meet there in CM for unfortunate circumstances could not join me, so I decided to cancel my accommodation.

Practically, out of a total of $ 894 I was going to get $ 85.58 refund. I did not accept. host contacted three times by airnb message, first time no reply, 2nd time reply "I dont know anything about this" 3d time no reply.

A lot of time wasted with case manager messaging.

The host has a 48 hours free cancellation policy.

However this policy does not apply to long term bookings, mine was 45 days.

I then asked Airbnb case manager and host what is their cancellation policy for long term bookings, and what are my options? To these questions I am yet to get an obvious and clear reply or an action plan.

Case manager keeps repeating that cancellation policy is host choice, but in this case there is not even a miner option of any refund for me as a client. Basically, when they take your full payment you are staffed. And the matter of the fact is they are keeping my $894...

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

• Airbnb Unethical
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 20.

Comments

Actually going through the exact same issue now!! Their cancelation “policy” is BS and apparently can be interpreted two different ways! Out of pocket $790

Airbnb is unethical business, intending to serve the community but ripping them off.