Airbnb House Booking Review from New York, New York

83 of 531 Airbnb reviews

I can not say enough bad words about my experience with Airbnb.

Let me start off by saying that I am new to using Airbnb but I was given the task of booking a house for Labor Day weekend 2016 because my brother was fed up with the false advertisement. I thought it couldn't be that difficult. So, I found a nice place and booked it. Got a response that said (screen shot below) it would be tough to split a big holiday weekend. Let's back up, we requested 3 nights and staying Saturday to Tuesday. That includes Labor Day, the 3 night minimum advertised and the calendar showed available. I did everything right. The owner, Ashley, said she would be happy to book us if we stayed 4 nights. Of course she would right!! This was the first step in getting hustled for more. Then I tried to rebook for 4 nights and wouldn't you know, she raised the rate...a lot!!! My booking went from 2500 for 3 nights to 4K for 4 nights. That's the second hustle. You may think this was just a one time instance but no...this was the second in two days!! I have the emails and screen shots etc to prove it. The first go round was even worse...

In theory, air BnB is a great concept but because the business model allows for inexperienced business people to hustle clearly interested customers I will never attempt to use it again. Marriott...you got me back in two short days!! Sorry I thought about anyone else!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Airbnb House Booking
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #904337 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Airbnb? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
83 of 531 Airbnb reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 21 #1201777

Maybe she had people in there already on Friday?

0 0 Reply

Aug 22 #1202123

Then why even suggest an extension for her stay? Sounds like bait. Did you even read what she said? You're either idiotically optimistic or just don't know how to read. Either way... Think before you post.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.