I took over a lease in Palo Alto, and per the advice of the previous resident, I decided to try airbnb.After 2 completed reservations, I noticed that my listing was being hidden from the search results (without being notified).
Whats more, they decided to hold my $917 payout, and now, after the guest's stay is completed, they emailed me saying that they were closing my account and not providing further support.I'm out $917, and being a good airbnb'er, I honored the guest's stay in order to avoid causing her undue stress in finding a new place while she's here for her mom's chemo!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Connecting Hosts With Guests
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Short recap of horrors. The host showed up 4 hours late to meet us and gain entry to the apt. We had spent $100+ in intl phone costs in trying..."
- "We are not satisfied with the 200 USD coupon offered by your firm for the following reasons - 1) We had remitted 480 USD while booking this private room with the..."
- "We were cheated when we rented our apartment through airbnb to find the common area was being renovated paint stripped off the walls and the carpet ripped up The apartment is..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- "FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS HFC HSBC HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE . I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND SENT THEM THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."