Airbnb does not protect the consumer
Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb.Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy.
Because of the late hour, I did not contact the host immediately. This was my first time using Airbnb, so was not aware of the requirement to contact them within 24 hours. It was a long weekend, so no other accommodations were available. I requested a refund, received $37 back from a $40 cleaning fee.
Future attempts to resolve through Airbnb result in loops in their website. No way to contact them directly. I will never use Airbnb again.
They (and their supposed attention to hosting requirements) cannot be trusted.I paid $500 for this unit and feel justified in asking for a full refund.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Airbnb unwilling to help resolve issues
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On September 16th, I placed a booking request on AirBnb for a Loft in Soho for 17 nights (3342 Euro), just after, the host post some new photos asking me..."
- "I stayed with my wife and two young daughters at a small house in London, 57 Roupell St, from xxx to xxx The person letting us in Johnny seemed nice enough;..."
- "Airbnb host guarrntee is bogus. It takes 15 minutes to post a listing and upload photos when you start a relationship with them. But if you want to upload pics..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "So i think Nordstrom needs to take note to how the seattle employees Courtney from bridal in particular treat customers that are not white. I am a black woman and..."
- "Green line appeared 1 year after purchase. I contacted VIZIO and told them that purchase was a year ago and may be out of warranty. They assured me that even..."
- "I purchased an ALEKO trolling motor for my 12' boat. So far, it has performed well without any problem. Just one issue: They advertise on Amazon that..."