Featured Not resolved

Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb. Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy.

Because of the late hour, I did not contact the host immediately. This was my first time using Airbnb, so was not aware of the requirement to contact them within 24 hours. It was a long weekend, so no other accommodations were available. I requested a refund, received $37 back from a $40 cleaning fee.

Future attempts to resolve through Airbnb result in loops in their website. No way to contact them directly. I will never use Airbnb again.

They (and their supposed attention to hosting requirements) cannot be trusted. I paid $500 for this unit and feel justified in asking for a full refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Airbnb Apartment Rental.

I didn't like: Airbnb unwilling to help resolve issues.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 30, 2016.

Comments

Salem, Oregon, United States #1228536

Your complaint starts with 1st time using..I used AirB&B in Seattle for first time last summer. It is VERY clearly stated all R&R's.

If you chose not to read..well? If you stayed entire weekend then you used services so why refund? You can't eat a hamburger & then ask for refund after because "I didn't like it". Silliness.

They admitted their error in not having unit clean by refunding $$.

You have the ability to review them on the site. Review graciously & don't return.