Airbnb does not protect the consumer
Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb.Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy.
Because of the late hour, I did not contact the host immediately. This was my first time using Airbnb, so was not aware of the requirement to contact them within 24 hours. It was a long weekend, so no other accommodations were available. I requested a refund, received $37 back from a $40 cleaning fee.
Future attempts to resolve through Airbnb result in loops in their website. No way to contact them directly. I will never use Airbnb again.
They (and their supposed attention to hosting requirements) cannot be trusted.I paid $500 for this unit and feel justified in asking for a full refund.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Airbnb unwilling to help resolve issues
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We are not satisfied with the 200 USD coupon offered by your firm for the following reasons - 1) We had remitted 480 USD while booking this private room with the..."
- "Here is Reno's Review; Get a Hotel! The cover photo does not reflect how dilapidated the actual building is. Christmas 2015 was going to be special because I surprised my..."
- "My nightmare with Airbnb started with a horrible event but really escalated when I tried to complain about it. I booked an airbnb to go to my friend's wedding in Ukiah...."
- "Wyndham Worldwide, Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Fraud Validation - Senior Management Speaks- A Robert Paisola Exclusive 2012 SEE FULL NATIONAL STORY WITH PHOTOS AND VIDEO AT THE TIMESHARE CHRONICLES : http://timesharescamsupdate.blogspot.com/2012/04/wyndham-resorts-senior-management.html For..."
- "Car Debt Solutions/cardebtsolutions.com is a auto consignment SCAM! Do not give your car to these people. It will disappear, and you will be out of even more money. Greg Christian..."
- "Sells POOR Quality Defective Merchandise. Sells POOR Quality Merchandise that may be Hazardous to Human Health. Fails to Communicate to Customers after Reporting Problems POORLY. Fails to Fairly Remedy even Serious Issues with..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."