Seattle, Washington
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb.Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy.

Related: Another Airbnb debacle-:Mediator" Rafael does not know the meaning of the word mediate or what the "Guest Refund Policy" says. Replay of incompetent Kevin T.

Because of the late hour, I did not contact the host immediately. This was my first time using Airbnb, so was not aware of the requirement to contact them within 24 hours. It was a long weekend, so no other accommodations were available. I requested a refund, received $37 back from a $40 cleaning fee.

Future attempts to resolve through Airbnb result in loops in their website. No way to contact them directly. I will never use Airbnb again.

They (and their supposed attention to hosting requirements) cannot be trusted.I paid $500 for this unit and feel justified in asking for a full refund.

I didn't like: Airbnb unwilling to help resolve issues.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Airbnb Apartment Rental
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $450
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Salem, Oregon, United States #1228536

Your complaint starts with 1st time using..I used AirB&B in Seattle for first time last summer.It is VERY clearly stated all R&R's.

If you chose not to read..well? If you stayed entire weekend then you used services so why refund? You can't eat a hamburger & then ask for refund after because "I didn't like it". Silliness.

They admitted their error in not having unit clean by refunding $$.

You have the ability to review them on the site.Review graciously & don't return.