Sydney, New South Wales

An Airbnb guest flooded my bathroom.The water leaked out into the adjoining bedroom soaking the carpet.

It went right to the underlay. I took photos of the affected area and had a carpet layer relay fresh underlay and carpet: I sent the photos to Airbnb requesting reimbursement for the damage and cost to me. Airbnb dismissed my claim in a long-winded message that made no sense: I am beside myself as airbnb are not willing to discuss this further.

Airbnb's customer service support has deteriorated immensely in the 3 years that I've been a loyal host.I have now switched to an Australian equivalent (Stayz) and feeling appreciated.

1.1
Number of Destinations
Insurance Quality
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Airbnb Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Airbnb?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Airbnb refuses to allow use of damage deposit... what's the point? Airbnb "We recently had a guest stay in our no-smoking condo that very clearly smoked on the premises. There was a dirty water bottle filled with cigarette butts sitting on the..." Read more Airbnb Cancellation Policy -- Fraud Alert Airbnb " AIRBNB SCAM WARNING. Do not use airbnb. If you do, do not use the instant booking feature on airbnb, do not book with hosts who have a "strict cancellation" policy,..." Read more Airbnb - Blood on sheets Airbnb "Airbnb- a company that believes you are supposed to just deal with the fact you paid 381 dollars to find blood on your sheets that's NOT yours... and have your..." Read more Airbnb House Rental Review Airbnb "I purchased accommodation through this host - https://www.airbnb.com.au/users/show/68137871?eluid=0&euid=00848bda-4b47-6356-919c-b77f10d2c099 for a property called Diandera Dirrah at 12 Outlook Drive, Apollo Bay, VIC 3233, Australia, from the 27th of December to the..." Read more Garden Winds - Horrible Customer Service Garden Winds "Garden Winds customer service is the absolute WORST! After sending two email and getting no response, "I" had to call to get any kind of answers concerning their defective products..." Read more Child Protective Services - I need help Child Protective Services "I have three wrondful boys. They are in foster care,and have veen for about 18 months now. While they have been in CPS custody, two of my boys were in..." Read more Everbuying - Great website to buy the latest gadgets Everbuying "I have already ordered multiple items from the website (mostly electronics) and so far I didn't have any issues. Everything was as described. Shipment was fast and the support department..." Read more Roca Labs & Don Juravin threaten me with a lawsuit if I leave a bad review...GO FOR IT! It will be fun Roca Labs "I have read many negative reviews on this man and his company but I also saw what I thought were good reviews. So when you make the call and they..." Read more