Short recap of horrors. The host showed up 4 hours late to meet us and gain entry to the apt. We had spent $100+ in intl phone costs in trying to reach him (in addition to email confirmations' etc).
It gets worse...once inside, the linens were filthy - yes - *** or blood on the sheets. We contact him - the next day, he came and changed the linens. Meanwhile, I spent the night sitting up on the couch w my count on - it was cold.
The toilet was improperly installed - not sealed and water leaked out flooding the bathroom floor.
The bathroom floor was not cleaned - filled with grit,sand.
Only 2 towels provided - requests for addtl linens ignored.
Contact "customer service" boy is that a euphemism/misnomer - and was advised to work things out with host.
Host asked us to move into another apt so they could fix toilet. This apt had NO LINENS, did not have functioning TV, doors to deck had 1" crack on bottom allowing rain to flood into apt.
Host did not respond to requests for help.
Oh - this was advertised as a "luxury" apt with ocean views. Check on the jpg view of the construction cranes and let me know if you see the ocean, we certainly didn't.
Contacted AIRBNB again for MoneyBackGuarantee and am being given a complete run around. Even though I have photos and email correspondance online to substantiate all of the above.
In the process of elevating this to their executive management.
Note this apt is in Tel Aviv 142027 - beware!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is an ongoing story, no help from the hosts, Alex and Julie who treated our complaints as a joke, and no help from airbnb who have made it very..."
- "Hello, 5 days ago I finally gave in and signed up for airbnb as a guest. I passed all the verification processes they asked for. I booked and paid for..."
- "I had a guest who first said she was “uncomfortable” then changed it to she “feared for her personal safety”.”She ended up saying she was about to have a panic..."
- "I saw B-Precious advertised for what looked like a great deal. A mini session with a few images for $50. The old saying Cheap is what cheap gets is so..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."