Leatherhead, UK
Featured Not resolved

Air BnB have flatly refused to provide a refund of over £400 after a dishonest host " Matt in Leatherhead" misrepresented his accommodation to the extent that the "parking space" from which I needed to be able to use freely during the day to enable me to house hunt, didn't exist due to the presence of a temporary building site blocking the area and builders vans blocking the space, a drummer lived and practised in the flat directly above the bedroom, as I discovered on entry to the flat. The "spacious" room was barely larger than the bed.

The host and co-host ( his mother) were unapologetic and belligerent as was the Air BnB representative " Eva". Air BnB claim that procedure was not followed, when I actually followed the advice given in their web site to contact the host via the messaging service and then Air BnB directly if unresolved within 24 hours. They claim I didn't cancel the booking when in-fact I verbally told the cohost I wasn't staying and also texted to confirm. The host was away on holiday at the time and un-contactable.

The web site is unclear and possibly deliberately misleading to make complaining difficult. Air BnB are upholding their refusal on a questionable technicality - no moral code has even been considered. The experience was extremely distressing and I had to find emergency alternative accommodation as a result and pay for further accommodation covering the time I was supposed to be with this host. Air BnB had me in tears on my 50th birthday.

I will never use Air BnB again. They have been arrogant and have not shown any remorse or indeed admitted any wrong doing.

Disgraceful. I will be spreading the word.

Review about: Airbnb House Rental.

I didn't like: Arrogant and uncaring behaviour, Clear biased towards a dishonest host, Lack of sympathy or concern, Unprofessional.

Comments