Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

We booked a house in Southern California 50 days in advance for 3 days. My father felt that he could not make the journey as he is elderly.

So we cancelled it 2 days later. We then found out that we would only receive 50% of our money back. Apparently Tingzhi, the owner had a 60 day cancellation policy. We happened to book just inside of the 60 day window.

Shame on us for not realizing this, but shame on Airbnb for allowing this! They seem to have various different cancelation policies so there is no continuity. So Tingzhi is able to keep half of our money AND rebook the house! We contacted her and she said that she could not cancel the cleaning service.....really?!?!?!!?

We also contacted Airbnb and were given the, "oh, I understand, I would be upset to, but that is how it is" rational with no recourse. Well we have used Airbnb often and internationally, and our recourse will be to not use them again. Nor will we recommend them as we had often done.

They are willing to lose current customers and new ones that we would bring to them over this poor policy. Even hotels have a 3 day cancellation window....

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Total disappointment for holiday rental, Cancellation policy.

Comments